AppReview Helps Customers Find The BEST iPhone® and iPod Touch® Apps
As the number of available apps for the iPhone and iPod Touch continues to climb, users and developers are finding it a challenge to connect the right user with the BEST applications. A newly approved application called AppReview can help both.
AppReview is a website (appreview.com) and a free-of-charge iPhone and iPod Touch application available from the Apple iTunes App Store.
AppReview provides the following features and benefits to iPhone and iPod Touch users.
- Over 16,000 hands-on app reviews: AppReview’s dedicated application review team has created one of the largest databases of app reviews available, with up-to-date reviews for more than half of all apps currently available in the App Store.
- Refined Sub-Categories: The AppReview tool provides the ability to group apps into a higher-level of refinement, which include sub-categories to the Apple-provided categories. By grouping applications into smaller groupings—customers can more easily make decisions on which application best suits their needs. 100 percent of applications are reviewed and placed in a specific subcategory.
- App Features: 100 percent of applications undergo an initial THUMBS-UP/DOWN test to determine if the application feature claims are represented accurately or if the application worked as designed during the testing process. Relative to the number of apps available very few receive a THUMBS-DOWN rating.
- App Comparison: In this phase, an application is rigorously tested to determine how it performs relative to others in the same subcategory. This process produces an independent analysis that suggests which apps offer the BEST solution as-well as those which are BETTER than most, and even the apps that offer GOOD value. To date, AppReview has completed this process for more-than half of the 30,000+ applications which have been approved for distribution through the App Store.
- Shopping List: To enable a consumer to make multiple purchase decisions, AppReview has delivered a shopping list right on the iPhone as a temporary holding place for apps that customers intend to download eventually. This feature is particularly valuable for quickly provisioning a completely new iPhone or iPod Touch with multiple apps.
- Developer-friendly: In the ever-changing environment around available apps, we recognize the possibility that an app may evolve faster than a follow-up review falls in the review cycle. Developers have the option of requesting a priority re-review of their application(s) or adding additional promotional material including videos. AppReview will continue to diligently guard the independent review process to ensure that the consumer receives an unbiased evaluation in making their app purchase decisions.
“It doesn’t take much imagination to see the problem that iPhone and iPod Touch users and even app developers are now experiencing,” says Curtis Tirrell, AppReview CEO. “I cannot anticipate that any user could realistically evaluate 30,000 apps today, much less 100,000 by the end of the year. Customers need a tool that will help them filter their search to the best, right app.”
"We were pleased to see that i.TV was featured by AppReview and feel an application like this is a plus for developers and end users," said Justin Whittaker, vice president of marketing at i.TV. "With so many applications out there, it is as difficult for applications to get noticed as it is for people to find new applications and AppReview solves this problem."
About AppReview, LLC
Founded in 2008, AppReview was conceived as a solution to reconcile the growing number of iPhone and iPod Touch applications available through the Apple App store. The solution was designed to make the user experience more effective both on the iPhone and iPod Touch or online in assisting in finding the best possible apps. For more information or to review the list of BEST applications, please visit www.appreview.com/ : or through the AppReview app available through the Apple iTunes App Store. Follow AppReview on Twitter: twitter.com/appr